Douglas County Transfer Station. Recycling Buy-Back Center. Household Hazardous Waste Center 9 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. 2 p.m.- 4 p.m. 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.. To
In Douglas County, Georgia, the Cedar Mountain Landfill is responsible for solid waste and recycling services. The landfill operates on a self-sufficient basis, funded by user fees rather than tax dollars . Here are some important details regarding the landfill and its operating hours:
- The landfill is open from Tuesday to Saturday.
- Operating hours are from 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM on weekdays.
- On Saturdays, the landfill is open from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM .
- The fees for various types of waste disposal vary. Here are some examples:
Accepted Recyclable Items:
- The Cedar Mountain Landfill accepts a wide range of recyclable items, including:
- Aluminum Cans
- Auto Batteries
- Cooking Oil
- Electronics (no televisions or monitors)
- Freon-loaded items
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Motor Oil
- Scrap Aluminum
- Scrap Metal
- Vegetative Waste (clean)
- Cardboard/Mixed Paper
- Plastic (bags, bottles, and jugs) .
- Certain items are not accepted at the landfill, including biomedical wastes, hazardous waste, liquid wastes, printed circuit boards, and radioactive waste .
Loading and Unloading Your Vehicle:
- Proper loading of your vehicle is important for easy use of the landfill facilities. Recyclable items should be unloaded first, followed by household garbage. Non-household garbage, both residential and commercial, should be loaded last. Yard waste should be separated from the rest of the load and taken to the proper area. All loads must be covered and secured .
Please note that the information provided is based on the search results and may be subject to change. It is always recommended to verify the current operating hours and fees directly with the Cedar Mountain Landfill in Douglas County, Georgia.
7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.. Quick Links. Douglas Disposal Recycling Information. FAQs